JWTH seeks a full-time Legal Assistant for its biotechnology/chemical group. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in challenging and rewarding work in a flexible and supportive environment, while contributing to the overall success of the group, as well as the Firm. JWTH offers a competitive benefits package, including: employer-paid insurance (health, dental, life, STD/LTD) for all eligible employees; paid time off, including select holidays; and 401K plan. JWTH adheres to a 37.5 hour work week. Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience.
The relevant qualifications and job duties are listed below.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and multitasking skills with fine attention to detail and sharp analytical skills
- Efficiency and manageability of a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, self-starter attitude
- Confidentiality of sensitive legal matters
- Contribution to building a positive team spirit; focus on solving conflict
- Acceptance of responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments
- Demonstration of accuracy and thoroughness; seek to improve and promote quality
- Consistent reporting for work and punctuality
- Follow-through on instructions, respond to management direction; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Experience as an Intellectual Property Legal Assistant preferable, but not required
- Experience with the USPTO’s EFSWeb filing system preferable, but not required
- Prepare various documents to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) in the course of patent preparation and prosecution for review and approval by the patent attorney and subsequent electronic filing with the PTO
- Maintain group docket for hard (and soft deadlines) and maintain an accurate calendar
- Compose correspondence and forward documents to clients and foreign associates
- Maintain electronic files in document management system
- Keep patent files up-to-date with prosecution documents and correspondence and maintain current status of filings and claims
- Research MPEP and CFR rules to determine course of action in response to PTO requests
- Perform other clerical duties, read and route incoming mail, schedule meetings, transcribe and request check disbursements
- Manage the intake and review of patent portfolios acquired by our clients, as well as transfer of files to clients or new counsel
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
JENKINS, WILSON, TAYLOR & HUNT, P.A. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Dan Atcheson, Firm Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.